List of systems and compilers where STIR probably works or definitely does not work
This is an anecdotal list where current STIR presumably works or not (aside from the "known problems" mentioned in the release notes). Feel free to update it.
Current information is for STIR 2.2.
- Most versions should work with gcc (at least up to 4.6.1) but also with clang 2.9. Most likely also with the Intel C++ compiler.
- Debian (and Ubuntu) with gcc 4.1.2 has problems which show up when running the tests. Possible work-around is to reduce the level of optimisation (from -O3 to -O2). When using CMake, toggle advanced features on, and set CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE. When using the pre-cooked Makefiles, you can do this for instance by saying
make OPTIM_CFLAGS="-O2 -DNDEBUG -ffast-math"
(and any other flags to make you would normally use), or by creating a file local/config.mk with the line
OPTIM_CFLAGS=-O2 -DNDEBUG -ffast-math
- No known problems. Reported to work on MacOSX 10.7.3 with gcc 4.2.1.
- Visual Studio Express 2010 works, probably earlier versions as well, but not tested.
- cygwin with gcc works, aside from a known problem in the recon_test_pack for gcc 4.5.3 (the test for OSSPS was too optimistic, but the code seems to work alright).
Probably work (earlier versions worked on Solaris and FreeBSD for instance), but let us know.